Here is another heart healthy recipe for you to try. Let us know if you make this and what you think.
1½ c baby beets
3 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
2 Tbsp grapeseed or canola oil
1 tsp cracked peppercorns
3 sprigs sage
1 head frisee or curly endive, core and dark leaves discarded
3 Tbsp roasted pistachios, shelled
5 chives, cut into matchsticks
Salt, to taste
1. PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Place the beets in a baking pan with about 1 cup of water. Cover tightly with foil and transfer to the oven. Roast for about 40 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. (The roasting time will depend on the size and age of the beets.) When the beets are tender, set aside to cool.
2. WHISK the honey, vinegar, oil, sage and peppercorns together in a mixing bowl. Transfer to a saucepot over high heat for 2-3 minutes, or until the dressing comes to a simmer. As soon as the dressing bubbles, remove it from the heat and pour through a strainer to transfer it back to the mixing bowl, omitting the sage and peppercorns.
3. SLIP off the beet skins, once cooled, and dice them roughly. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
4. ADD the curly endive and roasted pistachios to the serving bowl. Season the beets, greens and nuts with salt to taste. Drizzle with the honey-sage vinaigrette, tossing to ensure all ingredients are evenly distributed, until the salad is dressed to preference. (You may not need all the vinaigrette.)
5. DIVIDE into 4 servings, top each with chive matchsticks and enjoy!
NUTRITION (per serving) 190 cal, 4 g pro, 26 g carb, 6 g fiber, 17 g sugars, 10 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 90 mg sodium